Tuesday, September 1, 2009

HSN takes on Etsy!


Hello my fellow Etsy fans. Turns out we are not the only ones who adore Etsy (as if you didn't already know that). Others see the potential in the many shops and shop owners who make up the wonderful work we call Etsy.....

The Home Shopping Network, in an effort to expand their viewer demographic, is in the process of developing a show called "The Etsy Hour." The show will showcase different Etsy shops and merchandise. HSN is confident the Etsy show will discover the next "it" item. HSN also hopes "The Etsy Hour" will result in the discovery of the next big designer, artist, or whatever the case may be. The union of Etsy and HSN is a win/win for all involved.

There is also rumor of HSN developing a reality show around different Etsy shops. Stay tuned for more information on this rumor.

My sources tell me there is also talk of an Etsy reality show. The show will feature different Etsy Shops though the good, bad and ugly of trying to make it up the Etsy food chain.


Now for the bad news....I am sorry to say but non of the above is true. It's just an idea, and a mighty good one I might add, that has been floating in my head for some time now. I want to make this happen. I can't do it alone and I'm asking for your help. Consider this a grass roots movement to bring Etsy and HSN together.

First steps to making this plan a reality:

ETSY SELLERS:
Leave a comment to this blog giving me your opinion behind the "marriage" of Etsy and HSN. Do you currently watch HSN? Would you watch HSN if it featured Etsy? Do you currently buy from HSN? Would you buy from HSN if Etsy was featured? Would you want to sell your merchandise on Etsy?

ETSY CUSTOMERS:
Leave a comment to this blog giving me your opinion behind the "marriage" of Etsy and HSN. Do you currently watch HSN? Would you watch HSN if it featured Etsy? Do you currently buy from HSN? Would you buy from HSN if Etsy was featured?

HSN VIEWERS AND BUYERS:
Do you shop on Etsy? Would you buy items from Etsy if it was featured on HSN? Give me your thoughts and ideas behind the "marriage" of Etsy and HSN.

Thank you for reading my blog and as always,
Have a Happy Day!



2 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic idea! It would be nice to see handmade there, instead of everything mass-produced and made in China (even the high-end stuff, it's all imported). I have to admit, I never watch HSN, though I would definitely watch if Etsy were represented!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Day Vintage on Face Book!

Happy Day Vintage on Facebook

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers