Friday, September 25, 2009

Fashion Friday with Etsy, Mad Men


I am in love with the outfits on Mad Men. This week I felt the need to do a blog post featuring Joan as our fashion icon.

The show is set in the early 60's. The 60's were a transitional period in women's fashion. The hemlines are becoming shorter as opposed to the earlier fifties style of a circle skirt that has more of a flat front and that is longer and fuller. By 1960, there's a gathering at the waist and the hem length has come up a lot. Joan, the vixen of the show, is more fashion forward wearing clothing that's fitted showing the silhouette of her body.

I picked out a few items that would fit the form fitting, silhouette showing, curve hugging, head turning style that Joan wears so well:

Upper Right:French Blue Angora Sweater $34.00
Lower Right: Joan
Outfit Total: $131.00

Thank you for reading the Happy Day Vintage Blog
Have a Happy Day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you Sassy Vixen! You "razz my berries" with your blog post! That show is so vintage and I love it1 Nice work on the set up, it is Joan all the way! I will take those sassy lookin heels though....
    Very Hip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan's style is definitely head-turning, she's gorgeous! I love the French blue sweater and those fabulous shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Day Vintage on Face Book!

Happy Day Vintage on Facebook

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers